A SYMPOSIUM ON INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, HUMAN RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR CANADA
This event is co-hosted by members of Parliament Anita Vandenbeld (Liberal Party), Cheryl Hardcastle (New Democratic Party), Elizabeth May (Green Party) and Senator Marilou McPhedran.
The Canadian Network on Corporate Accountability (CNCA) is pleased to invite you to a one-day symposium exploring ground-breaking European and international developments in the field of human rights and transnational business, along with opportunities for Canadian leadership in this rapidly evolving field.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Surya Deva, Chair, United Nations Working Group on Business and Human Rights
- Danielle Auroi, Former member of the French National Assembly and Former member of the European Parliament
- David Kovick, Senior Advisor, SHIFT
- Claudia Saller, Coordinator, European Coalition on Corporate Justice
- Chris Moran, Director General, Global Affairs Canada
- Marilyn Croser, Director, UK Corporate Responsibility Coalition
- Alex Neve, Secretary General, Amnesty International Canada
- Shin Imai, Osgoode Law School
- Michèle Asselin, General director, Quebec Association of International Cooperation Organisations (AQOCI)
- Aimee Boulanger, Executive Director, Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance
Updated speakers list, speaker profiles and agenda details will be posted here in the coming days. Coffee, lunch and refreshments will be provided. Wine and cheese will be served at the reception following the symposium.
Where: Room 330 Wellington Building
180 Wellington Ave.
Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Canada
When: April 30, 2019, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(followed by wine & cheese reception)
We warmly welcome your participation, and invite you to contact us if you have any questions.